The Wolf of Wall Street
Sex, sin and scandal run rampant among stockbrokers in this explicit drama.
The Wolf of Wall Street
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Wolf of Wall Street rated R? The Wolf of Wall Street is rated R by the MPAA for sequences of strong sexual content, graphic nudity, drug use and language throughout, and for some violence.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the strong sexual content in this film some readers have been confused about our “review” of this movie. Like most R-rated movies, we did not review The Wolf of Wall Street but instead we provide you with content information through various government and industry ratings agencies. In addition the vast media coverage of this film has repeatedly indicated it contains frequent graphic sex scenes and over 500 sexual expletives. Parents are wise to heed the R-rating on this movie. As you are visiting our site it is highly unlikely you will find this movie in any way appropriate for children or teens.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief explicit violence.
- Sexual violence.
- Portrayals of hand-to-hand violence (punching, slapping), sometimes in a domestic context.
- Frequent, detailed portrayals of sexual activity, with breast and buttock nudity.
- Frequent male and female frontal nudity (breast, buttock, genitalia) in a non-sexual context.
- Simulated and implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual innuendo.
- Crude content.
Approximately 700 instances of coarse language including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, sexual and ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions. - Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language and references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
- Detailed alcohol use and abuse.
- Pervasive and detailed portrayals of illegal drug use (marijuana, cocaine and Quaaludes).
Page last updated May 28, 2016
|British Columbia||18A||Frequent sexually suggestive scenes and coarse language.|
|Alberta||18A||Sexual Content, Substance Abuse.|
|Manitoba||18A||Nudity, Sexual Content, Substance/Alcohol Abuse, Tobacco Use/Promotion.|
|Ontario||18A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|
We do not have a full review for The Wolf of Wall Street because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "The Wolf of Wall Street"
Cast and Crew
The Wolf of Wall Street is directed by Martin Scorsese and stars Leonardo DiCaprio, P.J. Byrne, Jon Favreau, Matthew McConaughey, Jonah Hill.
The most recent home video release of The Wolf of Wall Street movie is March 25, 2014. Here are some details…
The Wolf of Wall Street releases to home video on March 25, 2014.
Related home video titles:
Leonardo DiCaprio portrayed another real-life con man in Catch Me If You Can. Fame and/or fortune lead to personal challenges for those portrayed in the following biographical films: Frost / Nixon (about President Richard Nixon), The Iron Lady (Margret Thatcher), Patton (a WWII commander), The Damned United (a football coach) and The Aviator (Howard Hughes—also played by Leonardo DiCaprio)