Rating & Content Info
Why is The Whistleblower rated R? The Whistleblower is rated R by the MPAA for disturbing violent content including a brutal sexual assault, graphic nudity and language
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with details and blood.
- References to and portrayals of human trafficking.
- Brief nudity shown in the context of forced prostitution.
B- Depictions of beating, shooting and torture.
- Gory and grotesque images, including the portrayal of corpses.
- Frequent portrayals of fear and emotional suffering.
- Brief portrayals of sexual violence.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Nudity in a brief sexual situation.
- Portrayals of breast, buttock, and female frontal nudity in a context of human trafficking.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Alcohol and tobacco use.
Page last updated February 13, 2012
|British Columbia||14A||Sexual Content, Violence.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended for Children, Violence, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Disturbing Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for The Whistleblower because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "The Whistleblower"
Cast and Crew
The Whistleblower is directed by Larysa Kondracki and stars Rachel Weisz, Monica Bellucci and Vanessa Redgrave.
The real Kathryn Bolkovac runs a webpage.
She has also written a book about her experiences, which inspired this movie's script.
The most recent home video release of The Whistleblower movie is January 23, 2012. Here are some details…
The Whistleblower releases to home video on January 24, 2012.
Related home video titles:
Another woman claims she lost her job because she criticized higher powers in Fair Game, based on the memoirs of Valerie Plame Wilson. A corporate whistleblower proves to be as big of a problem as the men he is giving evidence against in The Informant!, based on the real life story of Mark Whitacre. And the pages of history show that no matter what evidence is presented in court, it is unlikely justice will prevail for Mary Surratt who is accused of being a Conspirator in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.