A fear of heights doesn't keep Scottie safe from falling in love.
Read Our Full Review & Parent Discussion Questions Here
Rating & Content Info
Why is Vertigo rated Not Rated? Vertigo is rated Not Rated by the MPAA
Violence: A man accidently falls from a rooftop to his death below while another man hangs from a gutter. Another character later falls from another rooftop and dies. A woman attempts suicide by drowning. Characters discuss suicide and a murder plot. A man and woman struggle with one another.
Sexual Content: A man comments on a woman’s bra. A man undresses an unconscious woman (off screen) after she nearly drowns and puts her into his bed. Her bare shoulders are seen when she awakens. A married woman passionately kisses another man. Some sexual tension develops between several characters. A couple kisses.
Language: None noted.
Alcohol / Drug Use: Characters smoke on several occasion and drink in social settings. Some characters also drink to relieve stress.
Page last updated May 6, 2014
|Canadian Home Video||PG|
News About "Vertigo"
Cast and Crew
Vertigo is directed by Alfred Hitchcock and stars James Stewart, Kim Novak, Barbara Bel Geddes.
The most recent home video release of Vertigo movie is May 6, 2014. Here are some details…
Home Video Notes: Vertigo (Blu-ray + Digital HD with UltraViolet)
Release Date: May 6, 2014 (Amazon) 3 June 2014 (Alternate release date)
(There are convicting reports as to which date this title will be released on. We will keep you posted as more information becomes available.)
Vertigo releases to home video (Blu-ray + Digital HD with UltraViolet) with the following extras:
- Digital Copy of Vertigo (Subject to expiration.)
- UltraViolet Copy of Vertigo (Subject to expiration.)
- Obsessed with Vertigo: New Life for Hitchcock’s Masterpiece
- Partners in Crime: Hitchcock’s Collaborators
- Hitchcock / Truffaut
- Foreign Censorship Ending
- The Vertigo Archives
- Restoration Theatrical Trailer
- Feature Commentary with Film Director William Friedkin
- Theatrical Trailer
- 100 Years of Universal: The Lew Wasserman Era
- My Scenes
- pocket BLU App
Vertigo releases to DVD in a Collector’s Edition on May 5, 2009. The disc includes:
- Obsessed with Vertigo: New Life for ‘Alfred Hitchcock’ ‘s Masterpiece (An original American Movie Classic documentary, narrated by Roddy McDowall and featuring new interviews with Kim Novak and Barbara Bel Geddes, Alfred Hitchcock’s daughter Patricia Hitchcock, producer Herbert Coleman, restoration team Robert A. Harris and James C. Katz, and others involved in the movie’s production.)
- Foreign censorship ending
- Production drawings and photographs.
- Advertising materials