Rating & Content Info
Why is The Town rated R? The Town is rated R by the MPAA for strong violence, pervasive language, some sexuality and drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of graphic violence.
- Frequent portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Depictions shooting, beating and fighting (some blood and detail shown).
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Breast nudity seen in a sexual situation.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Brief simulated sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references and crude language.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context,
- infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity and mild cursing.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- References to drugs, alcohol and tobacco.
- Substance abuse.
Page last updated February 13, 2012
|British Columbia||14A||Coarse Language, Violence|
|Alberta||14A||Violence, Coarse Language.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended for Children, Violence, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Violence.|
|Quebec||13+||Violence, Vulgar language.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for The Town because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "The Town"
Cast and Crew
The Town is directed by Ben Affleck and stars Ben Affleck, Rebecca Hall, Jon Hamm.
The most recent home video release of The Town movie is December 17, 2010. Here are some details…
The Town release to DVD and Blu-ray on December 17, 2010.