Rating & Content Info
Why is The Watch rated R? The Watch is rated R by the MPAA for some strong sexual content including references, pervasive language and violent images.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Explicit depiction of impalement.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, shooting, evisceration and decapitation.
- Scene depicting several characters engaged in sexually suggestive activity.
- Breast nudityin a sexual context.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of crude and sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Approximately 47 instances of sexual language.
- Approximately 145 instances of coarse language.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in sexual contexts.
- Excessive use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.
- Two scenes of drug use involving marijuana.
- One portrayal of implied illegal and prescription drug use for recreational purposes – no detail.
Page last updated November 13, 2012
|British Columbia||18A||Sexually Suggestive Scene, Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Crude Sexual Content.|
|Manitoba||18A||Crude Content, Sexual Content. Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Graphic Violence.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|
We do not have a full review for The Watch because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "The Watch"
Cast and Crew
The Watch is directed by Akiva Schaffer and stars Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill, Billy Crudup.
The most recent home video release of The Watch movie is November 12, 2012. Here are some details…
The Watch comes to home video in a rated (theatrical) and unrated version on November 13, 2012.