Star Trek Beyond
The rebooted Star Trek crew embark on a third mission.
Read Our Full Review & Parent Discussion Questions Here
Star Trek Beyond
Rating & Content Info
Why is Star Trek Beyond rated PG-13? Star Trek Beyond is rated PG-13 by the MPAA for sequences of sci-fi action and violence.
Violence: Characters are in peril in many scenes throughout this film, although little blood or other detail of violent acts are shown. A weapon that uses small particles to break up larger objects is employed against living beings; we see this in action when a humanoid is disintegrated—no explicit detail is seen. A character tortures two other people who are hanging upside down and connected to cables that allow the attacker to extract a life force from them. Multiple scenes depict conflicts on a broad and individual scale. An enormous swarm of spacecraft attack other ships. Individual conflicts involve men and women fighting in hand-to-hand combat, augmented with a variety of futuristic weapons. Characters fall from heights. A character is seen with a large fragment protruding from his abdomen; another character attempts to remove it.
Sexual Content: A brief scene depicting life on the Enterprise shows a shirtless man being kicked out of a woman’s quarters. Another has a man and woman kissing in the doorway.
Language: Infrequent profanities include two scatological terms, some mild expletives and a couple of uses of names of deity used as expletives.
Alcohol / Drug Use: Characters briefly drink hard liquor and discuss their appreciation for it.
Page last updated November 2, 2016
|British Columbia||PG||Violence, Coarse Language.|
|Alberta||PG||Violence, Frightening Scenes, Not Recommended For Young Children.|
|Ontario||PG||Violence, Language May Offend, Not Recommended for Young Children.|
|Canadian Home Video||PG|
News About "Star Trek Beyond"
Cast and Crew
Star Trek Beyond is directed by Justin Lin and stars Zoe Saldana, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto .
The most recent home video release of Star Trek Beyond movie is November 1, 2016. Here are some details…
Home Video Notes: Star Trek Beyond
Release Date: 1 November 2016
Star Trek Beyond releases to home video (DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray or Blu-ray Steelbook) with the following extras:
- Deleted Scenes - Go Beyond the final cut of the movie with scenes you didn’t see in theaters.
- Beyond the Darkness - Meet visionary producer J.J. Abrams, director Justin Lin and co-writers Simon Pegg and Doug Jung as they discuss the inspiration for the Star Trek Beyond storyline and how it came to life.
- Enterprise Takedown - Experience edge-of-your-seat action and see how a shocking attack destroys the USS Enterprise.
- Divided and Conquered - Learn how filmmakers pushed the boundaries in Star Trek Beyond by forcing the Enterprise crew into their most challenging situations yet.
- A Warped Sense of Revenge - Meet Star Trek’s newest villain, Krall, as actor Idris Elba reveals the backstory behind his character’s terrifying ambitions.
- Trekking in the Desert - Go on set to Dubai and discover how its futuristic architecture became the foundation for the most innovative Starbase yet.
- Exploring Strange New Worlds - Tour the incredible production sets of Star Trek Beyond with director Justin Lin.
- New Life, New Civilizations - See how special effects designers met the challenge to create an unprecedented 50 new alien species for the film to celebrate Star Trek’s 50th Anniversary.
- To Live Long and Prosper - Journey through the past 50 years of Star Trek with J.J. Abrams and the cast as they reflect on the evolution of this iconic sci-fi series.
- For Leonard and Anton - Watch a touching tribute to the legendary Leonard Nimoy and beloved crew member Anton Yelchin.
- Gag Reel - Join in on the fun with this hilarious gag reel of on-set bloopers.