The Social Network
Read Our Full Review & Parent Discussion Questions Here
The Social Network
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Social Network rated PG-13? The Social Network is rated PG-13 by the MPAA for sexual content, drug and alcohol use and language
Violence: After an argument, a character threatens to hit another. During a fraternity initiation, students are forced to take off their clothes while standing outside in cold weather. They are also subjected to other humiliation.
Sexual Content: Young adults frequently discuss sexual activities. Two couples have sex in bathroom stalls (some sounds are heard but no action is shown). A man and a woman engage in sexual activity with few details shown. A young adult female becomes possessive and abusive in her relationship with a man. Women dance suggestively at nightclubs and exclusive parties. Girls kiss each other. Characters are seen in underwear and skimpy clothing. Students play strip poker. Nearly nude characters are briefly seen.
Language: At least two strong sexual expletives are used, along with rude hand gestures. Numerous profanities, crude slang and terms of Deity are included in the script as well.
Alcohol / Drug Use: Characters, including underage students, drink frequently. One young adult appears to be intoxicated. Smoking is portrayed among young adults. Partygoers snort cocaine. A character discusses his past problems with illegal drugs.
Other: A boy humiliates a girl on the Internet. Characters engage in dishonest activities.
Page last updated July 20, 2016
|British Columbia||PG||Coarse Language, Drug Use.|
|Alberta||PG||Coarse Language, Substance Abuse.|
|Manitoba||PG||Language May Offend, Mature Theme.|
|Ontario||14A||Language May Offend, Substance Abuse.|
|Canadian Home Video||PG|
News About "The Social Network"
Cast and Crew
The Social Network is directed by David Fincher and stars Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake.
The most recent home video release of The Social Network movie is January 11, 2011. Here are some details…
The Social Network releases as a 2-Disc Collector’s dition Blu-ray and DVD on January 11, 2011. The package includes:
- Audio Commentary with Director David Fincher
- Audio Commentary with Writer Aaron Sorkin, Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake, Armie Hammer and Josh Pence
- How Did They Ever Make a Movie of Facebook? (Four-Part Feature-Length Documentary on the Making of the Film, from the Script to the Screenplay to Casting to Production)
- Featurette on Post (Editors Angus Wall and Kirk Baxter and Sound Designer Ren Klyce Discuss Editing the Film and the Different Layers They Created Using Different Takes, Angles and Sound Effects)
- Featurette on the Score (David Fincher, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross Discuss the Process of Creating the Score)
- Featurette on the Visuals (David Fincher and DP Jeff Cornenweth Discuss Creating the Look for the Film)
- Swarmatron (Atticus Rose Explains the Swarmatron Sound Machine Used to Create Parts of the Score)
- In the Hall of the Mountain King (Multi-Angle Music Exploration which Allows Viewers to Watch the Same Scene Four Different Ways with Different Layers of Music)
- Ruby Skye VIP Room (Multi-Angle Scene Breakdown)
Related home video titles:
The challenges faced by other inventors have been the bases for the movie scripts of Flash of Genius, Tucker: The Man And His Dream and Kitty Hawk: The Wright Brothers’ Journey Of Invention.