Rating & Content Info
Why is Side Effects rated R? Side Effects is rated R by the MPAA for sexuality, nudity, violence and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons violence with some blood and little detail.
- Depictions of stabbing, slapping and electrocution.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity that include breast nudity, female frontal nudity and some detail .
- Implied and simulated sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, once in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, sexual references, and mild cursing.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Prescription drug use.
Page last updated May 22, 2013
|British Columbia||14A||Sexually Suggestive Scene, Violence, Nudity.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended For Children, Sexual Content, Language May Offend.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Violence|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for Side Effects because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Side Effects"
Cast and Crew
Side Effects is directed by Steven Soderbergh and stars Rooney Mara, Channing Tatum, Jude Law, Catherine Zeta-Jones.
The most recent home video release of Side Effects movie is May 21, 2013. Here are some details…
Side Effects will release to home video on May 21, 2013.