A Serious Man
A Serious Man
Rating & Content Info
Why is A Serious Man rated R? A Serious Man is rated R by the MPAA for language, some sexuality/nudity and brief violence.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Infrequent portrayals of graphic violence.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Three scenes depicting shooting and stabbing.
- Portrayal of sexual activity and implied sexual activity.
- Breast nudity shown in a non-sexual context.
- Sexual references.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Profanity and cursing.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Depictions of smoking.
- Three scenes depicting illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
Page last updated February 13, 2012
|British Columbia||PG||Sexually Suggestive Scenes, Coarse Language, Violence.|
|Alberta||14A||Coarse Language, Drug Use.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Substance Abuse.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for A Serious Man because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "A Serious Man"
Cast and Crew
A Serious Man is directed by Ethan Coen, Joel Coen and stars Michael Stuhlbarg .
The most recent home video release of A Serious Man movie is February 9, 2010. Here are some details…
A Serious Man released to DVD and Blu-ray on February 9, 2010.
Related home video titles:
This black comedy was penned by the Cohen Brothers (Ethan and Joel), who also worked on Oh Brother, Where Art Thou.