Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Another tale from a (familiar) galaxy far, far away...
Read Our Full Review & Parent Discussion Questions Here
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Rating & Content Info
Why is Rogue One: A Star Wars Story rated PG-13? Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is rated PG-13 by the MPAA for extended sequences of sci-fi violence and action.
-Violent confrontations occur throughout this movie, the main weapon of choice being a fantastical laser-like “blaster”. We see countless deaths, mostly “Storm Troopers”, characters covered in white armor that gives them a non-human appearance. Other characters are killed by stabbing, bombs and various weapons. A nurturing character is shot and brief blood effects are seen. A character is subjected to a torturing that results in brain damage. Hand-to-hand combat is depicted with physical assault. Eccentric and strange alien characters are seen, including one that is mutilated: these depictions may be frightening to young children. Characters steal and disobey commands from authorities, and are in near-constant peril.
Characters affectionately hug and kiss.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
Page last updated March 6, 2017
|Alberta||PG||Violence, Not Recommended for Young Children.|
|Manitoba||PG||Violence, Not Recommended for Young Children.|
|Ontario||PG||Violence, Not Recommended for Young Children.|
|Quebec||G||Not Recommended For Young Children.|
|Canadian Home Video||PG|
News About "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story"
Cast and Crew
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is directed by Gareth Edwards and stars Felicity Jones, Ben Mendelsohn, Forrest Whitaker..
The most recent home video release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story movie is April 4, 2017. Here are some details…
Home Video Notes: Rogue One – A Star Wars Story
Release Date: 4 April 2017
Rogue One – A Star Wars Story releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) with the following extras:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of Star Wars: A New Hope – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect Rogue One to the Star Wars universe.
Related home video titles:
Director Gareth Edwards and writer Chris Weitz also worked together on Disney’s live-action Cinderella (2015).
This movie is preceded by the following movies in the Star Wars Franchise: - Episode I: The Phantom Menace - Episode II: Attack of the Clones - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - Episode IV: A New Hope - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - Episode VII: The Force Awakens - - Episode VIII: The Last jedi - - Episode IX