Out of mind, out of sight.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Regression rated R? Regression is rated R by the MPAA for disturbing violent and sexual content, and for language.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Several frightening scenes depicting threat, intensity and suspense.
- Depictions of weapons violence, beating and suicide, with little blood or detail.
- References to child sexual abuse.
- Portrayal of sexual assault with brief breast and buttock nudity, and little detail.
- Occasional disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Sexual violence.
- Theme of child sexual abuse.
- Nudity in sexual situation
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 32 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, including:
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, mild cursing, and profanity.
- Limited use of slurs.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
Page last updated May 10, 2016
|British Columbia||14A||Frightening Scenes, Sexual Violence.|
|Alberta||14A||Disturbing Content, Sexual Violence.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Crude Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
? Limited Release
Regression is currently in limited release. Therefore we may not be able to offer a full review on its release date. In the meantime, please check the Content Details section to find out what you can expect in this film.
News About "Regression"
Cast and Crew
Regression is directed by Alejandro Amenábar and stars Emma Watson, Ethan Hawke, David Thewlis, Devon Bostick.
From The Studio: Minnesota, 1990. Detective Bruce Kenner (Ethan Hawke) investigates the case of young Angela (Emma Watson), who accuses her father, John Gray (David Dencik), of an unspeakable crime. When John unexpectedly and without recollection admits guilt, renowned psychologist Dr. Raines (David Thewlis) is brought in to help him relive his memories and what they discover unmasks a horrifying nationwide mystery. © TWC-Dimension
The most recent home video release of Regression movie is May 10, 2016. Here are some details…
Regression releases to home video on May 10, 2016.