Rating & Content Info
Why is The Raven rated R? The Raven is rated R by the MPAA for bloody violence and grisly images.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Visually explicit portrayals of violence, including throat slashing.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Several depictions of shooting, stabbing and slashing.
- Frequent, sometimes brutal, weapons violence and portrayals of corpses, with blood, gore and detail shown.
- - Graphic portrayals of torture and brutality.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Mild sexual references and innuendo.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing and vulgar expressions.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Alcohol abuse.
- Tobacco use
Page last updated October 8, 2012
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Manitoba||18A||Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes.|
|Ontario||18A||Brutal Violence, Language May Offend, Gory Scenes.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|
We do not have a full review for The Raven because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "The Raven"
Cast and Crew
The Raven is directed by James McTeigue and stars John Cusack, Alice Eve, Luke Evans.
The most recent home video release of The Raven movie is October 8, 2012. Here are some details…
The Raven releases to home video on October 9, 2012.