Rating & Content Info
Why is Piranha 3-D rated R? Piranha 3-D is rated R by the MPAA for sequences of strong bloody horror violence and gore, graphic nudity, sexual content, language and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of graphic violence.
- Frequent disturbing scenes.
- Frequent, detailed, gory and grotesque images.
- Pervasive, brutal animal violence (blood, gore and detailed wounds depicted).
- Frequent portrayals of mutilated corpses (gruesome detail shown).
- Several scenes of explicit violence depicting dismemberment, disembowelment and decapitation.
- Several scenes of nudity (depicting breasts, buttocks and genitalia) in non-sexual contexts.
- Limited instances of nudity in a sexual situation.
- Infrequent portrayals of crude sexual performances.
- Embracing and kissing
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and cursing.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Portrayal of drug use for recreational purposes.
Page last updated January 11, 2011
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Gory Scenes, Brutal Violence, Nudity.|
|Manitoba||18A||Violence, Gory Scenes, Nudity.|
|Ontario||18A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Gory Scenes.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|
We do not have a full review for Piranha 3-D because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Piranha 3-D"
Cast and Crew
Piranha 3-D is directed by Alexandre Aja and stars Elisabeth Shue, Jerry O'Connell, Richard Dreyfuss, Jessica Szorh, Steven R. McQueen, Ving Rhames, Adam Scott, Christopher Lloyd,.
The most recent home video release of Piranha 3-D movie is January 11, 2011. Here are some details…
Piranha 3-D releases to DVD and Blu-ray on January 11, 2011.