Read Our Full Review & Parent Discussion Questions Here
Rating & Content Info
Why is ParaNorman rated PG? ParaNorman is rated PG by the MPAA for scary action and images, thematic elements, some rude humor and language.
Violence: Frequent scenes of gruesome images include corpses and zombies with dismembered body parts. Zombies are hit by cars and subjected to other violence. Townspeople threaten to burn a building with children inside. A horror movie within this film depicts a zombie eating brains. A teacher calls her students “useless.” A witch attacks a young boy.
Sexual Content: A girl fawns over a shirtless boy. A boy is caught freeze-framing an aerobics video—we see a woman clothed in exercise wear. A boy reveals his sexual orientation when he mentions he has a boyfriend.
Language: A mild rude term for female breasts, a mild profanity and a term of Christian deity are heard.
Drugs/Alcohol: None noted.
Page last updated July 8, 2016
|British Columbia||PG||Frightening Scenes.|
|Alberta||PG||Frightening Scenes, Not Recommended For Young Children|
|Ontario||PG||Some Scary Scenes, Cartoon/Animation Action.|
|Quebec||G||Not Recommended For Young Children.|
|Canadian Home Video||PG|
News About "ParaNorman"
Cast and Crew
ParaNorman is directed by Chris Butler, Sam Fell and stars Kodi Smit-McPhee, Anna Kendrick, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Leslie Mann.
The most recent home video release of ParaNorman movie is November 26, 2012. Here are some details…
Home Video Notes: ParaNorman
Release Date: 27 November 2012
ParaNorman releases to home video in 3D (Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) and as a Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet Digital Copy). Extras include:
- Preliminary Animatic Sequences: With commentary from Director Sam Fell and Writer/Director Chris Butler.
- Peering Through the Veil: A behind-the-scenes glimpse into the creation of the weird and wonderful world of ParaNorman from building the characters to voicing them.
- Featurettes: Seven short segments showcasing Norman and his extraordinarily unusual costars.
- Feature Commentary: With Director Sam Fell and Writer/Director Chris Butler.
- BD-Live (Exclusive HD Content)