We do not have a full review for The Paperboy because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies.
News About "The Paperboy"
Cast and Crew
The Paperboy is directed by Lee Daniels and stars Matthew McConaughey, Nicole Kidman, Zac Efron, John Cusack..
This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence, with realistic detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Graphic portrayals of sexual violence.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, stabbing and throat-slitting.
- Portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence, with blood and detail shown.
- Breast and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Nudity in a sexual situation.
- Portrayals of sexual activity in a coercive context (buttock nudity and some detail shown).
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Infrequent detailed portrayals of crude bodily functions.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent and aggressive sexual references, slurs and innuendo.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions and profanity.
- Sexual and ethno-cultural slurs, sometimes in an aggressive context.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent smoking.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.
- Depiction of drug use involving marijuana.
The most recent home video release of The Paperboy movie is January 14, 2013. Here are some details…
The Paperboy releases to home video on January 15, 2013.
Related home video titles:
Fans of Zac Efron will find this dark film to be a big departure from the character he played in the High School Musical franchise. The other stars in this movie can also be seen in more family-friendly fare, such as Sahara (Matthew McConaughey), Bewitched (Nicole Kidman) and Martian Child (John Cusack).