Thou cans't not love these neighbors.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Neighbors rated R? Neighbors is rated R by the MPAA for pervasive language, strong crude and sexual content, graphic nudity, and drug use throughout.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence in a comedic context, with a little blood and some detail shown.
- Embracing and kissing
- Sexual references, slurs and innuendo.
- Frequent use of detailed crude sexual language and references.
- Frequent portrayals of sexual activity, with buttock nudity and some detail.
- Infrequent breast, buttock, and male genital nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Crude content including frequent portrayals of bodily functions and breast nudity.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions, and sexual slurs.
-Infrequent use of ethno-cultural slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Pervasive portrayals of alcohol abuse and illegal drug use in a recreational context.
Page last updated September 23, 2014
|British Columbia||18A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse.|
|Alberta||18A||Substance Abuse, Crude Sexual Content.|
|Manitoba||18A||Crude Content, Coarse Language, Substance/Alcohol Abuse.|
|Ontario||18A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|
We do not have a full review for Neighbors because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Neighbors"
Cast and Crew
Neighbors is directed by Nicholas Stoller and stars Seth Rogen, Rose Byrne, Zac Efron, Lisa Kudrow.
Our Thoughts: Families should be aware that this movie contains plentiful course language and crude humor, as well as drug and alcohol abuse. Parents likely won't want to encourage their kids to hang out with these kinds of Neighbors.
The most recent home video release of Neighbors movie is September 23, 2014. Here are some details…
Neighbors releases to home video on September 23, 2014.
Related home video titles:
Zac Efron’s bad-boy character here is a far cry from the over-achieving teen he played in High School Musical (and the sequels High School Musical 2 and High School Musical 3 - Senior Year). One of Seth Rogen’s few family-friendly performances can be seen in The Guilt Trip.