This bio-drama paints the life of the British artist J.M.W. Turner.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Mr. Turner rated R? Mr. Turner is rated R by the MPAA for some sexual content.Mr. Turner is releasing in limited theaters.
This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of mild violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of death and serious illness, with little detail.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Nudity seen in a brief sexual situation.
- Brief buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity with no nudity and some detail.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of mild cursing and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Frequent alcohol use in a social context.
Page last updated May 18, 2016
|British Columbia||PG||Sexual Suggestive Scene, Nudity.|
|Canadian Home Video||PG|
We do not have a full review for Mr. Turner because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Mr. Turner"
Cast and Crew
Mr. Turner is directed by Mike Leigh and stars Timothy Spall, Paul Jesson, Dorothy Atkinson, Marion.
Learn more about J.M.W. Turner.
From the Studio: Mr. Turner explores the last quarter century of the great if eccentric British painter J.M.W. Turner (1775-1851). Profoundly affected by the death of his father, loved by a housekeeper he takes for granted and occasionally exploits sexually, he forms a close relationship with a seaside landlady with whom he eventually lives incognito in Chelsea, where he dies. Throughout this, he travels, paints, stays with the country aristocracy, visits brothels, is a popular if anarchic member of the Royal Academy of Arts, has himself strapped to the mast of a ship so that he can paint a snowstorm, and is both celebrated and reviled by the public and by royalty. Written by Entertainment One
The most recent home video release of Mr. Turner movie is May 5, 2015. Here are some details…Mr. Turner release to home video (DVD/Blu-ray) on May 5, 2015. Special features include:
- Commentary with Writer/Director Mike Leigh
- “Many Colours of Mr. Turner” Featurette
- Deleted Scene
Exclusive Blu-ray Special Feature:
- “The Cinematic Palette: The Cinematography of Mr. Turner” Featurette