Rating & Content Info
Why is Movie 43 rated R? Movie 43 is rated R by the MPAA for strong pervasive crude and sexual content including dialogue, graphic nudity, language, some violence and drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with blood and detail.
- Depictions of beating, shooting, dismemberment and explosion.
- Several scenes of nudity, depicting breasts, buttocks and pubic region, in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Detailed offensive scenes.
- Embracing, kissing and fondling.
- Frequent crude and detailed portrayals of bodily functions (including a scene of crude content depicting feces).
- Frequent aggressive sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, many in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, as well as sexual, ethno-cultural, and developmental slurs.
- Frequent and detailed use of crude, descriptive sexual language, vulgar expressions and references.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Substance abuse.
- Depiction of drug use (marijuana).
Page last updated May 26, 2016
|British Columbia||14A||Coarse and Sexual Language, Sexually Suggestive Scene, Nudity.|
|Alberta||18A||Crude Coarse Language, Sexual Content.|
|Manitoba||14A||Violence, Crude Content, Sexual Content, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||18A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content|
|Quebec||16+||Eroticism, Vulgar Language.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|
We do not have a full review for Movie 43 because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Movie 43"
Cast and Crew
Movie 43 is directed by Elizabeth Banks, Steven Brill, Steve Carr, Rusty Cundieff, James Duffy, Griffin Dunne, Peter Farrelly,Patrik Forsberg and stars Emma Stone, Stephen Merchant, Richard Gere, Liev Schreiber, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Kate Winslet, Anna Faris.
The most recent home video release of Movie 43 movie is June 18, 2013. Here are some details…
Home Video Release Date: 18 June 2013
Movie 43 releases to home video in an Outrageous Edition.
Related home video titles:
A group of not-so-famous players get together to spoofy Hollywood blockbusters in the Scary Movie Franchise. Many of the stars in this film can be seen in more family friendly fare, like: The Help (Emma Stone), Nim’s Island (Gerard Butler), Real Steel (Hugh Jackman), Shall We Dance (Richard Gere), In Good Company (Dennis Quaid), Flash of Genius (Greg Kinnear), Superman Returns (Kate Bosworth), Galaxy Quest (Justin Long) and The Emperor’s New Groove (voice of Patrick Warburton).