Is bumbling a fault or a clever disguise?
Rating & Content Info
Why is Mortdecai rated R? Mortdecai is rated R by the MPAA for some language and sexual material.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Infrequent portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Depictions of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence in a slapstick context, with little blood and no detail.
- Portrayals of fighting, beating, shooting, stabbing, burning and explosion.
- Nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with no nudity and little detail.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions with some detail.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references.
- Limited use of slurs.
Page last updated May 18, 2016
|British Columbia||PG||Coarse Language, Crude Content.|
|Alberta||PG||Coarse Language, Crude Content.|
|Manitoba||PG||Not Recommended For Young Children, Language May Offend.|
|Ontario||14A||Violence, Language May Offend.|
|Canadian Home Video||PG|
We do not have a full review for Mortdecai because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Mortdecai"
Cast and Crew
Mortdecai is directed by David Koepp and stars Johnny Depp, Aubrey Plaza, Olivia Munn.
This movie is based on a book by Kyril Bonfiglioli.
From the Studio: Juggling some angry Russians, the British Mi5, his impossibly leggy wife and an international terrorist, debonair art dealer and part time rogue Charlie Mortdecai (Johnny Depp) must traverse the globe armed only with his good looks and special charm in a race to recover a stolen painting rumored to contain the code to a lost bank account filled with Nazi gold. © Lionsgate
The most recent home video release of Mortdecai movie is May 12, 2015. Here are some details…
Mortdecai releases to home video on May 12, 2015.
Related home video titles:
The Monuments Men also tells the story of Nazi Germany’s interest in art. In The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Danny Kay’s character unwittingly becomes involved in the search for a ledger detailing hidden Nazi gold. Johnny Depp plays another character hunting for hidden treasure in Pirates of the Caribbean.