Everything is yellow.
Read Our Full Review & Parent Discussion Questions Here
Rating & Content Info
Why is Minions rated PG? Minions is rated PG by the MPAA for action and rude humor.
Characters are in peril throughout the movie. Sometimes these depictions are slapstick (with bumbling antics), other times they are more serious as the Minions face death threats from animals (such as a T-Rex), to normal humans (including a family that turns out to be bank robbers), to villains (the main one is especially mean spirited). The violence is bloodless and portrayed in a humorous manner. Frequent depictions of guns and weapons use, bombs and explosions, hot lava, torture equipment, hand-to-hand altercations, deaths and assassination attempts. Characters are locked in a dungeon and feel betrayed by those they trust. Crime is glamorized.
A Minion mistakes a fire hydrant for a female, and tries to kiss and caress it. Later he is shown in a hot tub cuddled up with two fire hydrants. A female character wears a strapless dress that often needs adjusting. Characters are seen wearing loincloths made of leaves and one puts starfish over his breasts. When disguised as a woman, the Minions use a flip-up bra as a lookout place, and a pair of goggles is seen where the breasts should be. Bare bums are shown, on soma wrestlers and minions. Guards remove their clothes and dance around wearing only their boxer shorts. Other mild sexual innuendo is heard.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
Alcohol is drunk on a plane. An authority figure drinks at a pub where some of the patrons appear drunk. Hypnotism is used to take control of characters’ minds.
Page last updated May 13, 2016
|Canadian Home Video|
News About "Minions"
Cast and Crew
Minions is directed by Pierre Coffin, Kyle Balda and stars Sandra Bullock, Jon Hamm.
The most recent home video release of Minions movie is December 8, 2015. Here are some details…
Home Video Notes: Minions
Release Date: 8 December 2015
Minions releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy or Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) with the following supplements:
- Three mini-movies
- Deleted scene: Me, Myself and Stuart
- Around the World Interactive Map
- Behind the Goggles: The Illumination Story of the Minions– Get a “behind the googles” look at the history and evolution of everyone’s favorite yellow henchmen.
- Illumination MacGuff Animation
- Lighting, Layout and Effects—A look at the ways in which layout and lighting plays a big role in the emotion and motivation in the movie. Also see the ways in which they try to keep the 60’s vintage look and the challenges they face with very technical shots, where one shot can take weeks.
- Jingle Bells Minion Style - This holiday favorite is brought to life in a merry-Minion way. Now you get to sing along to the beloved video that was the most shared piece of content on Facebook in 2014
- The Secret Life of Pets – Theatrical Trailer