Rating & Content Info
Why is Machete Kills rated R? Machete Kills is rated R by the MPAA for strong bloody violence throughout, language and some sexual content.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent scenes of explicit violence.
- Pervasive hand-to-hand, weapons and gun violence, with blood, gore and detailed wounds.
- Depictions of shooting, fighting, decapitation, burning and disembowelment.
- Depiction of torture.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Frequent horror and gory/grotesque images.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Buttocks nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Sexually suggestive scene.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Crude content.
Approximately 85 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in an aggressive or sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of ethno-cultural slurs and crude sexual language.
Alcohol and Drug Use>
- References to drugs, alcohol and/or tobacco.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated May 28, 2016
|British Columbia||14A||Frequent Violence, Coarse Language|
|Alberta||18A||Gory Violence, Crude Coarse Language.|
|Manitoba||18A||Brutal Violence, Disturbing Content.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Gory Scenes, Graphic Violence.|
|Quebec||13+||Violence, Vulgar Language.|
|Canadian Home Video|
We do not have a full review for Machete Kills because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Machete Kills"
Cast and Crew
Machete Kills is directed by Robert Rodriguez and stars Danny Trejo, Jessica Alba, Mel Gibson, Alexa Vega, Lady Gaga.
The most recent home video release of Machete Kills movie is January 21, 2014. Here are some details…
Machete kills releases to home video on January 21, 2014.
Related home video titles:
Although Robert Rodriguez is better known for making violent action films, he also wrote and directed the Spy Kids franchise. Alexa Vega, who appears in this movie, starred in that series (Spy Kids, Spy Kids 2 - Island of Lost Dreams and Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over). And Danny Trejo, who plays the title role as the hired assassin, can be seen as Uncle Machete in Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World. Jessica Alba stars in both Machete Kills and Spy Kids 4 too.