Rating & Content Info
Why is Lawless rated R? Lawless is rated R by the MPAA for strong bloody violence, language and some sexuality/nudity.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Portrayals of torture.
- Upsetting and disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent depictions of beating, shooting, stabbing, throat-slitting and mutilation.
- Infrequent portrayals of corpses.
- Infrequent breast and female frontal nudity shown in a non-sexual context.
- Partial and full nudity shown in a sexual situation.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in an aggressive context.
- Frequent cursing.
- Infrequent use of ethno-cultural and sexual slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
- Alcohol abuse.
Page last updated July 8, 2016
|British Columbia||14A||Violence, Coarse Language.|
|Alberta||14A||Brutal Violence, Nudity, Coarse Language.|
|Manitoba||18A||Brutal Violence, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Graphic Violence.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for Lawless because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Lawless"
Cast and Crew
Lawless is directed by John Hillcoat and stars Tom Hardy, Shia LaBeouf, Jason Clarke, Guy Pearce, Gary Oldman.
The most recent home video release of Lawless movie is November 26, 2012. Here are some details…
Lawless/i> releases to home video on November 27, 2012.