Rating & Content Info
Why is J. Edgar rated R? J. Edgar is rated R by the MPAA for brief strong language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of fighting, shooting, beating and explosion.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand conflict and weapons use (little blood or detail shown).
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of sexual slurs, mild sexual references, and profanity.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use.
Page last updated February 21, 2012
|British Columbia||PG||Violence, Language May Offend.|
|Alberta||PG||Language May Offend.|
|Manitoba||PG||Not Recommended For Young Children,Violence, Language May Offend.|
|Ontario||PG||Mature Theme, Language May Offend.|
|Canadian Home Video||PG|
We do not have a full review for J. Edgar because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "J. Edgar"
Cast and Crew
J. Edgar is directed by Clint Eastwood and stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Armie Hammer, Naomi Watts.
The most recent home video release of J. Edgar movie is February 20, 2012. Here are some details…
,i>J. Edgar releases to home video on February 21, 2012.