When it comes to winning friends and influencing enemies, this film will do neither.
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Interview rated R? The Interview is rated R by the MPAA for pervasive language, crude and sexual humor, some drug use and bloody violence.This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence in a comic context, with some blood and detail.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, shooting, dismemberment and explosion.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Infrequent use of sexual language, innuendo and references.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Nudity in sexual situation.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with no nudity and some detail.
- Infrequent breast and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
Approximately 210 instances of coarse language including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions, many in a crude context.
- Infrequent use of profanity, cursing, and ethno-cultural slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
- Alcohol abuse.
- Depiction of illegal drug use (ecstasy) in a recreational context.
- Substance abuse.
Page last updated May 18, 2016
|British Columbia||14A||Coarse Language, Violence|
|Alberta||14A||Crude Content, Language May Offend, Not Recommended for Children|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended for Young Children, Crude Content, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Graphic Violence.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for The Interview because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "The Interview"
Cast and Crew
The Interview is directed by Evan Goldberg, Seth Rogen and stars James Franco, Seth Rogen.
Note: 24 December 2014 Sony has decided to release The Interview in select theaters on Christmas Day.
Note: Sony has decided to cancel its release of The interview. Here is the studio's official statement:
"In light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film The Interview, we have decided not to move forward with the planned December 25 theatrical release. We respect and understand our partners’ decision and, of course, completely share their paramount interest in the safety of employees and theater-goers. Sony Pictures has been the victim of an unprecedented criminal assault against our employees, our customers, and our business. Those who attacked us stole our intellectual property, private emails, and sensitive and proprietary material, and sought to destroy our spirit and our morale – all apparently to thwart the release of a movie they did not like. We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public. We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome." - Sony Pictures
From the Studio:
Dave Skylark and his producer Aaron Rapoport run the popular celebrity tabloid TV show "Skylark Tonight." When they discover that North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un is a fan of the show, they land an interview with him in an attempt to legitimize themselves as journalists. As Dave and Aaron prepare to travel to Pyongyang, their plans change when the CIA recruits them, perhaps the two least-qualified men imaginable, to assassinate Kim Jong-un. -- Written by Sony Pictures Entertainment
The most recent home video release of The Interview movie is February 17, 2015. Here are some details…
The Interview releases to home video in a Freedom Edition on February 17, 2015.