Trouble comes knocking...
Rating & Content Info
Why is Inherent Vice rated R? Inherent Vice is rated R by the MPAA for drug use throughout, sexual content, graphic nudity, language and some violenceThis additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Sexual violence.
- Depiction of beating and shooting, with some blood and little detail.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Full frontal nudity (depicting breasts, buttocks and/or pubic region) in a non-sexual context.
- Full frontal nudity (depicting breasts, buttocks and/or pubic region) in a sexual situation.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity, with some detail.
- Sexual references.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and crude sexual references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
- Pervasive, detailed portrayals of illegal drug use involving marijuana, cocaine and/or inhalants.
- Detailed alcohol abuse.
Page last updated May 18, 2016
|British Columbia||14A||Drug Use, Coarse and Sexual Language.|
|Manitoba||18A||Sexual Content, Coarse Language, Substance/Alcohol Abuse.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse.|
|Canadian Home Video|
We do not have a full review for Inherent Vice because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Inherent Vice"
Cast and Crew
Inherent Vice is directed by Paul Thomas Anderson and stars Joaquin Phoenix, Josh Brolin, Reese Witherspoon, Sasha Pieterse, Jena Malone.
From the Studio:
"Inherent Vice," is the seventh feature from Paul Thomas Anderson and the first ever film adaption of a Thomas Pynchon novel. When private eye Doc Sportello's ex-old lady suddenly out of nowhere shows up with a story about her current billionaire land developer boyfriend whom she just happens to be in love with, and a plot by his wife and her boyfriend to kidnap that billionaire and throw him in a looney bin...well, easy for her to say. It's the tail end of the psychedelic `60s and paranoia is running the day and Doc knows that "love" is another of those words going around at the moment, like "trip" or "groovy," that's being way too overused - except this one usually leads to trouble. With a cast of characters that includes surfers, hustlers, dopers and rockers, a murderous loan shark, LAPD Detectives, a tenor sax player working undercover, and a mysterious entity known as the Golden Fang, which may only be a tax dodge set up by some dentists... Part surf noir, part psychedelic romp - all Thomas Pynchon. - © Warner Bros
The most recent home video release of Inherent Vice movie is April 28, 2015. Here are some details…
Inherent Vice releases to home video on April 28, 2015.