Rating & Content Info
Why is The Immortals rated R? The Immortals is rated R by the MPAA for sequences of strong bloody violence, and a scene of sexuality.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Explicit gory and grotesque images.
- Several explicit depictions of decapitation, dismemberment, disembowelment, impalement and mutilation.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, shooting and stabbing.
- Pervasive hand-to-hand conflict and weapons use (some in a context of torture).
- Frequent portrayals of gruesome death with blood, gore and detail.
- Infrequent portrayals of grotesque monsters and nightmarish imagery.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Nudity shown in a brief sexual situation.
- Mild sexual references and innuendo.
- One detailed portrayal of sexual activity shown with buttock and breast nudity.
- Use of profanities and slurs.
Page last updated March 6, 2012
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Gory, Brutal Violence.|
|Manitoba||18A||Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes.|
|Ontario||18A||Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|
We do not have a full review for The Immortals because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "The Immortals"
Cast and Crew
The Immortals is directed by Tarsem Singh and stars Henry Cavill, Mickey Rourke, John Hurt.
The most recent home video release of The Immortals movie is March 5, 2012. Here are some details…
The Immortalsreleases to DVD and Blu-ray on March 6, 2012.
Related home video titles:
The producers of this movie also created the film 300. Other villains try to unleash imprisoned armies to fight for their causes in Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian and The Mummy - Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. Greek gods are also portrayed in the movies Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, Clash of the Titans and Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas. Some of these legends are dramatized in Jim Hensons The Story Teller/ Greek Myths.