Rating & Content Info
Why is The Heat rated R? The Heat is rated R by the MPAA for pervasive language, strong crude content and some violence.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of beating, stabbing, shooting and explosion.
- Portrayals of gun, weapon, and hand-to-hand violence in a comedic context.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Detailed disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Crude content.
-Approximately 269 instances of coarse language including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
- Slurs/sexual references.
Drug & Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.
Page last updated May 27, 2016
|British Columbia||14A||Frequent Coarse Language, Violence.|
|Alberta||14A||Crude Coarse Language.|
|Manitoba||14A||Violence, Coarse Language, Substance/Alcohol Abuse, Adverse Psychological Impact.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Crude Content, Graphic Violence.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for The Heat because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "The Heat"
Cast and Crew
The Heat is directed by Paul Feig and stars Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy, Kaitlin Olson, Taran Killam.
The most recent home video release of The Heat movie is October 15, 2013. Here are some details…
The Heat releases to home video (in a rated and unrated version) on October 15, 2013.