Rating & Content Info
Why is Gangster Squad rated R? Gangster Squad is rated R by the MPAA for strong violence and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Depictions of beating, shooting, stabbing, mutilation, burning and explosion.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with details, blood and tissue damage.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of profanity, crude sexual expressions and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang.
- Frequent use of ethno-cultural slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
Page last updated May 26, 2016
|British Columbia||14A||Frequent Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Gory Brutal Violence.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Graphic Violence, Tobacco Use.|
|Canadian Home Video|
We do not have a full review for Gangster Squad because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Gangster Squad"
Cast and Crew
Gangster Squad is directed by Ruben Fleischer and stars Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Giovanni Ribisi, Josh Brolin.
This movie is based on the book Gangster Squad, by Paul Lieberman. For his explanation of how the book turned Hollywood movie, click here: http://www.nieman.harvard.edu/reports/article/102708/Leapfrogging-the-Book-A-Newspaper-Story-Jumps-to-Film.aspx
The most recent home video release of Gangster Squad movie is April 23, 2013. Here are some details…
Gangster Squad releases to home video no April 23, 2013.