Rating & Content Info
Why is Gamer rated R? Gamer is rated R by the MPAA for frenetic sequences of strong brutal violence throughout, sexual content, nudity and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
-Frequent violence, including the use of guns, weapons, and hand-to-hand combat (blood and detail shown).
- Several scenes of explicit violence depicting shootings, stabbings, fighting, burning and dismemberment.
- Depictions of gruesome deaths (blood and detail shown).
- Frequent disturbing and gory scenes.
-Use of crude sexual references and innuendo.
- Breast and buttock nudity shown in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Implied sexual activity and sexually suggestive scenes.
- Fondling, embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing and vulgar expressions.
- Use of ethno-cultural and sexual slurs.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use
Page last updated July 21, 2016
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Brutal Violence, Nudity, Language May Offend.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Violence.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|
We do not have a full review for Gamer because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Gamer"
Cast and Crew
Gamer is directed by Mark Neveldin, Brian Taylor and stars Gerard Butler, Michael C. Hall, Ludacris.
The most recent home video release of Gamer movie is January 19, 2010. Here are some details…
Gamer comes to DVD and Blu-ray on JAnuary 19, 2009.