You bet your life.
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Gambler rated R? The Gambler is rated R by the MPAA for language throughout, and for some sexuality/nudity.This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and little detail.
- Depictions of fighting and beating.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Sexual references and language.
- Nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Breast nudity in a sexual context.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 140 instances of coarse language, including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- References to drugs, alcohol and tobacco.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated May 18, 2016
|British Columbia||14A||Coarse Language.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended for Children. Coarse Language.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for The Gambler because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "The Gambler"
Cast and Crew
The Gambler is directed by Rupert Wyatt and stars Mark Wahlberg, John Goodman, Brie Larson, Michael Kenneth Williams and Jessica Lange.
The most recent home video release of The Gambler movie is April 28, 2015. Here are some details…
The Gambler releases to home video on April 28, 2015.