Helping the weak meets with strong opposition.
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Equalizer rated R? The Equalizer is rated R by the MPAA for strong bloody violence and language throughout, including some sexual references.This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and brutal detail.
- Brief, visually explicit portrayals of violence.
- Graphic portrayals of torture and brutality.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Occasional upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Infrequent use of sexual language.
- Sexual references.
Approximately 120 instances of coarse language including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / DrugUse:
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated May 21, 2016
|British Columbia||14A||Coarse Language, Violence|
|Alberta||14A||Brutal Violence, Coarse Language, Not Recommended for Children.|
|Manitoba||14A||Brutal Violence, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||18A||Brutal Violence, Coarse Language.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for The Equalizer because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "The Equalizer"
Cast and Crew
The Equalizer is directed by Antoine Fuqua and stars Chloë Grace Moretz, Denzel Washington, Marton Csokas, Melissa Leo.
This movie is based on a former TV series also called The The Equalizer.
The most recent home video release of The Equalizer movie is December 30, 2014. Here are some details…
The Equalizer releases to home video (Blu-ray and DVD) on December 30, 2014.
The Equalizer debuted on Digital HD on December 16, 2014.