Rating & Content Info
Why is Elysium rated R? Elysium is rated R by the MPAA for strong bloody violence and language throughout
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, shooting, stabbing, dismemberment, mutilation and explosion.
- Frequent gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence (sometimes involving children),with blood, gore and some detail.
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
Approximately 185 instances of coarse language:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Substance abuse.
Page last updated December 16, 2013
|British Columbia||14A||Violence. Coarse Language.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended For Children, Brutal Violence, Disturbing Content, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Graphic Violence.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for Elysium because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Elysium"
Cast and Crew
Elysium is directed by Neill Blomkamp and stars Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley, Alice Braga.
The most recent home video release of Elysium movie is December 17, 2013. Here are some details…
Elysium releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet Digital Copy) om December 17, 2013.