Rating & Content Info
Why is Dredd rated R? Dredd is rated R by the MPAA for strong bloody violence, language, drug use and some sexual content.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged depictions of explicit violence, including two scenes of shooting.
- Depictions of torture, beating, shooting, mutilation, burning, dismemberment and decapitation.
- Frequent detailed disturbing scenes.
- Explicit gory and grotesque images.
- Nudity seen in sexual situation.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Two brief portrayals of implied sexual violence (breast nudity and a little detail shown).
- Sexual innuendo.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in non-sexual contexts.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Substance abuse.
- Frequent portrayals of illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
Page last updated January 17, 2013
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Gory, Brutal Violence.|
|Ontario||18A||Brutal Violence, Substance Abuse, Gory Scenes.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|
We do not have a full review for Dredd because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Dredd"
Cast and Crew
Dredd is directed by Pete Travis and stars Karl Urban, Olivia Thirlby, Lena Headey, Domhnall Gleeson.
The most recent home video release of Dredd movie is January 7, 2013. Here are some details…
Dredd releases to home video on January 8, 2013.