He's out to settle a debt.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Dom Hemingway rated R? Dom Hemingway is rated R by the MPAA for sexual content, nudity, pervasive language, some violence and drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and detail.
- Depictions of beating.
- Occasional gory/grotesque images.
- Four scenes of nudity (depicting breasts, buttocks and genitalia), in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Two sexually suggestive scenes.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol abuse.
- Frequent tobacco use.
- Portrayals of illegal drug use (involving cocaine) in a recreational context.
Page last updated May 23, 2016
|British Columbia||14A||Sexually Suggestive Scene, Coarse and Sexual Language.|
|Alberta||14A||Crude Coarse Language, Sexual Content.|
|Manitoba||18A||Brutal Violence, Crude Content, Substance/Alcohol Abuse.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content|
|Quebec||13+||Violence, Vulgar Language.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for Dom Hemingway because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Dom Hemingway"
Cast and Crew
Dom Hemingway is directed by Richard Shepard and stars Emilia Clarke, Jude Law, Richard E. Grant, Demian Bichir.
From the Studio:
"Jude Law plays DOM HEMINGWAY, a larger-than-life safecracker with a loose fuse who is funny, profane, and dangerous. After twelve years in prison, he sets off with his partner in crime Dickie (Richard E. Grant) looking to collect what he's owed for keeping his mouth shut and protecting his boss Mr. Fontaine (Demian Bichir). After a near death experience, Dom tries to re-connect with his estranged daughter (Emilia Clarke), but is soon drawn back into the only world he knows, looking to settle the ultimate debt."
- Fox Searchlight Pictures
The most recent home video release of Dom Hemingway movie is July 22, 2014. Here are some details…
Dom Hemingway releases to home video on July 22, 2014.