A child's memory.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Dark Places rated R? Dark Places is rated R by the MPAA for some disturbing violence, language, drug use and sexual content.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of beating, shooting, choking and stabbing, with some blood and a little detail.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, gun, and weapons violence, some involving children or animals.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Breast nudity in a sexual context.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Partial or full nudity in a brief sexual situation.
- Implied sexual activity.
Approximately 60 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions, sometimes in an aggressive context.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Three scenes of drug use involving marijuana and hallucinogens.
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
Page last updated October 6, 2015
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Substance Abuse, Disturbing Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for Dark Places because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Dark Places"
Cast and Crew
Dark Places is directed by Gilles Paquet-Brenner and stars Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Christina Hendricks .
The most recent home video release of Dark Places movie is October 6, 2015. Here are some details…
Dark Places releases to home video on October 6, 2015.