Conan the Barbarian
Conan the Barbarian
Rating & Content Info
Why is Conan the Barbarian rated R? Conan the Barbarian is rated R by the MPAA for strong bloody violence, some sexuality and nudity.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence, with blood, gore and details shown.
- Explicit depictions of dismemberment.
- Pervasive and often brutal depictions of fighting, stabbing, decapitation and burning.
- Brief graphic portrayals of torture.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent disturbing scenes and nightmarish images.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Frequent breast nudity in non-sexual contexts.
- Full frontal nudity seen in a sexual situation.
- Portrayal of sexual activity includes breast and buttock nudity,and some detail.
- Simulated and implied sexual activity.
- Sexual innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- One use of scatological slang term.
Page last updated December 1, 2011
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Manitoba||18A||Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes.|
|Ontario||18A||Sexual Content, Gory Scenes, Graphic Violence.|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|
We do not have a full review for Conan the Barbarian because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Conan the Barbarian"
Cast and Crew
Conan the Barbarian is directed by Marcus Nispel and stars Jason Momoa, Ron Perlman, Rose McGowan.
You can learn more about Robert E. Howard, the man who created Conan the Barbarian here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Howard
The most recent home video release of Conan the Barbarian movie is November 21, 2011. Here are some details…
Conan the Barbarian is coming to home video on November 22, 2011.