Read Our Full Review & Parent Discussion Questions Here
Rating & Content Info
Why is Casablanca rated PG? Casablanca is rated PG by the MPAA for mild violence (re-rating 1992).
Violence: References are made to murder, theft and black-market activity. Police make forceful arrests. Characters are threatened verbally (torture is alluded to) and with guns, as well as shot (shown on screen). Set in World War II, the script portrays the tensions of encroaching war, conflicting patriotism and invading armies (some newsreel footage shown). Officials are depicted as corrupt. Pick-pocketing and fistfights are seen.
Sexual Content: Sexual relations are implied between unmarried couples. An authority figure accepts sexual favors (discussed but not shown). A woman makes vague sexual invitations to men. A couple kisses.
Language: Mild language and slurs are heard.
Alcohol / Drug Use: Depictions of drinking and smoking are pervasive. A man gets drunk when depressed.
Other: The film portrays gambling and cheating.
Page last updated March 29, 2012
|British Columbia||Not Rated|
|Canadian Home Video||NR|
News About "Casablanca"
Cast and Crew
Casablanca is directed by Michael Curtiz and stars Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Claude Rains, Paul Henreid.
The most recent home video release of Casablanca movie is March 27, 2012. Here are some details…
Home Video Notes: Casablanca: 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector’s Edition
Release Date: 27 March 2012
Casablanca releases in a 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector’s Edition on March 27, 2012. The 3-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Set (which is limited and numbered) includes:
- Full size reproduction of the original 1942 film poster
- 62-page production art book
- 4 Collectible Drink Coasters
- Introduction by Lauren Bacall
- Two audio commentaries: - Film critic Roger Ebert & Film historian Rudy Behlmer
- Roster for Warner’s A Night at the Movies viewing mode
- Eight behind-the-scenes documentaries
- Deleted Scenes and Outtakes
- Who Holds Tomorrow?
- Carrotblanca Looney Tunes cartoon
- Scoring the Casablanca stage sessions
- Two vintage Casablanca radio broadcasts