The Cabin in the Woods
The Cabin in the Woods
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Cabin in the Woods rated R? The Cabin in the Woods is rated R by the MPAA for strong bloody horror violence and gore, language, drug use and some sexuality/nudity.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence, including depictions of impalement.
- - Frequent and prolonged portrayals of beating, shooting, stabbing, impalement, burning, mutilation and explosion.
- Frequent portrayals of gruesome deaths, with blood, gore, and detailed wounds.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Adverse psychological impact.
- Breast nudity seen in a sexual context.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and sexual references.
- Limited use of slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Five scenes of drug use involving marijuana.
- Frequent detailed portrayals of illegal drug use.
- Substance abuse.
Page last updated July 8, 2016
|British Columbia||18A||Explicit Violence.|
|Manitoba||18A||Brutal Violence, Disturbing Content, Gory Scenes|
|Ontario||18A||Brutal Violence, Coarse Language, Disturbing Content|
|Canadian Home Video||18A|
We do not have a full review for The Cabin in the Woods because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "The Cabin in the Woods"
Cast and Crew
The Cabin in the Woods is directed by Drew Goddard and stars Richard Jenkins, Bradley Whitford, Chris Hemsworth, Jesse Williams .
The most recent home video release of The Cabin in the Woods movie is September 18, 2012. Here are some details…
Cabin in the Woods releases to home video on September 18, 2012.
Related home video titles:
Actor Richard Jenkins, who appears in this movie, stumbles into a surprising situation when he arrives at an apartment he owns, but hasn’t been to for a while in The Visitor. Chris Hemsworth played another trespassing character (with a few more recourses at his disposal) in Thor.