The Black Swan
The Black Swan
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Black Swan rated R? The Black Swan is rated R by the MPAA for strong sexual content, disturbing violent images, language and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Disturbing scenes and intense portrayals of nightmarish images.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent and prolonged violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with blood and details.
- Frequent detailed and bloody portrayals of violence, stabbing and self-mutilation.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Infrequent use of detailed sexual language.
- Embracing, kissing and fondling.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Depictions of sexual relations between a man and woman, oral sex (involving two women), self pleasuring and fondling.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Use of profanity, cursing and scatological slang.
- Limited use of slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Detailed portrayals of illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated February 13, 2012
|British Columbia||14A||Sexually Suggestive Scenes, Violence.|
|Alberta||18A||Sexual Content, Disturbing Content|
|Manitoba||18A||Disturbing Content, Sexual Content.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content, Disturbing Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for The Black Swan because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "The Black Swan"
Cast and Crew
The Black Swan is directed by Darren Aronofsky and stars Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis, Vincent Cassel, Winona Ryder.
The most recent home video release of The Black Swan movie is March 29, 2011. Here are some details…
The Black Swan releases to DVD and Blu-ray on March 29, 2011, with the following bonus materials:
- Metamorphosis: A Three-Part Series: A behind the scenes look at the filmmaking process from Darren Aronofskys visionary directing, to the physically-demanding acting, to the stunning special effects.
The Black Swan on Blu-ray also includes these extras:
- Behind the Curtain: An inside look at the films costume and production design.
- Ten Years in the Making: Natalie Portman and Darren Aronofsky discuss their creative journey, from preparing for the role to dancing with the camera.
- Cast Profiles Roles of a Lifetime: Presented by Fox Movie Channel, the stars reflect on the their challenging and rewarding characters
Related home video titles:
Walt Disney pays tribute to Tchaikovsky, the composer of the music for Swan Lake (as well as a version of Sleeping Beauty), in the extra features found in the Sleeping Beauty 50th Anniversary Platinum Edition. Click here to learn more about the ballet Swan Lake.