Rating & Content Info
Why is Biutiful rated R? Biutiful is rated R by the MPAA for disturbing images, language, some sexual content, nudity and drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent, portrayals of corpses, sometimes with gruesome, bloody details.
- Infrequent portrayals of serious medical conditions (blood shown).
- Infrequent portrayals of domestic violence, sometimes involving children.
- Brief portrayals of graphic violence.
- Frequent upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Breast and buttock nudity seen in sexual contexts.
- Implied sexual activity (little detail).
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and cursing.
- Limited use of slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Portrayal of illegal drug use.
- Substance abuse.
- Frequent tobacco use.
Page last updated July 21, 2016
|British Columbia||14A||Coarse Language, Nudity.|
|Alberta||14A||Coarse Language, Nudity, Disturbing Content.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Disturbing Content, Subtitled.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for Biutiful because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Biutiful"
Cast and Crew
Biutiful is directed by Alejandro González Irritu and stars Javier Bardem.
The most recent home video release of Biutiful movie is May 30, 2011. Here are some details…
Biutiful is releasing to home video on May 30, 2011.