Life isn't over before the final curtain call.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Birdman rated R? Birdman is rated R by the MPAA for language throughout, some sexual content and brief violenceThis additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence, with little detail.
- Depictions of fighting, shooting and explosion.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Infrequent use of crude sexual references, with some detail.
- Sexual innuendo.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity in a theatrical context, with some detail.
- Nudity (depicting buttocks) in a non-sexual context.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 180 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Substance abuse (drug use involving marijuana).
- tobacco use.
- alcohol abuse.
Page last updated May 19, 2016
|British Columbia||14A||Coarse Language|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended For Children, Coarse Language.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for Birdman because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Birdman"
Cast and Crew
Birdman is directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu and stars Michael Keaton, Emma Stone, Zach Galifianakis, Edward Norton, Naomi Watts.
This movie is also known as: Birdman (or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance).
From the Studio:
BIRDMAN or The Unexpected Virtue Of Ignorance is a black comedy that tells the story of an actor (Michael Keaton) - famous for portraying an iconic superhero - as he struggles to mount a Broadway play. In the days leading up to opening night, he battles his ego and attempts to recover his family, his career, and himself. © Fox Searchlight
The most recent home video release of Birdman movie is February 17, 2015. Here are some details…
Birdman releases to home video on February 17, 2015.