Rating & Content Info
Why is Beginners rated R? Beginners is rated R by the MPAA for language and some sexual content
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Occasional disturbing/offensive scenes.
- Some scene may frighten young children.
- Nudity seen in a non-sexual content.
- Brief portrayal of sexual illustration (little detail shown).
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Use of mild sexual language.
- Embracing and kissing
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, once in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and profanity.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 12, 2016
|British Columbia||PG||Coarse Language.|
|Manitoba||PG||Mature Theme, Language May Offend.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Mature Theme, Sexual Content.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for Beginners because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "Beginners"
Cast and Crew
Beginners is directed by Mike Mills and stars Ewan McGregor, Christopher Plummer, Mélanie Laurent.
The most recent home video release of Beginners movie is November 15, 2011. Here are some details…
Beginners releases to home video on November 15, 2011.
Related home video titles:
Ewan McGregor’s career was catapulted into the limelight when he played Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. Christopher Plummer is well known for his role as the father of the von Trapp family in The Sound of Music.