Beauty and the Beast (2017)
Disney's animation comes to life.
Read Our Full Review & Parent Discussion Questions Here
Beauty and the Beast (2017)
Rating & Content Info
Why is Beauty and the Beast (2017) rated PG? Beauty and the Beast (2017) is rated PG by the MPAA for some action violence, peril and frightening images.
Listen to an in-depth review…
Violence: A character is shot three times with a gun—two of these on screen, no blood is shown. Wolves attack characters on two occasions, injuries result. Characters are mocked and bullied as well as verbally and physically abused. A character abandons and leaves another character to die. Death threats are uttered and a character attempts to coerce a woman to marry him. Characters fight with swords and attempt to push one another from tall buildings. Characters lie about their intentions. Characters are restrained with ropes and imprisoned. A magical spell causes characters to transform. Some scenes may frighten young children.
Sexual Content: Infrequent, mild sexual innuendo including remarks implying same gender attraction. Females are seen in cleavage revealing dresses and modest underwear. Three males are briefly seen wearing dresses, two men briefly dance together. Men and women embrace and kiss.
Profanity: A single use of deity and a French religious term.
Alcohol / Drug Use: Implied alcohol use in a pub setting. Alcohol is served with dinner.
Page last updated May 24, 2017
|British Columbia||PG||Violence, May Frighten Young Children.|
|Ontario||PG||Violence, Some Scary Scenes.|
|Canadian Home Video||PG|
News About "Beauty and the Beast (2017)"
Cast and Crew
Beauty and the Beast (2017) is directed by Bill Condon and stars Dan Stevens, Emma Watson, Luke Evans .
From the Studio: Disney will release Beauty and the Beast in 3D on March 17, 2017. The beloved tale will be retold for the big screen with a modern live-action lens and the help of transformative CG magic. Emma Watson and Dan Stevens will star as Belle and the Beast/Prince respectively, and Luke Evans will play the role of Gaston. Emma Thompson has joined the cast as Mrs. Potts and Kevin Kline as Belle's father, Maurice.Eight-time Oscar-winner Alan Menken, who won two Academy Awards for the 1991 animated classic, will score the film, which will feature new recordings of the original songs in addition to several new songs written by Menken and Sir Tim Rice. Bill Condon will direct from a script by Stephen Chbosky, and the film will be produced by Mandeville Films' David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman. Production begins in May at Shepperton Studios in London. - Walt Disney Studios
The most recent home video release of Beauty and the Beast (2017) movie is June 6, 2017. Here are some details…
Home Video Notes: Beauty and the Beast
Release Date: 6 June 2017
Beauty and the Beastrelases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) with the following extras:
- Enchanted Table Read – Join the cast for the movie’s elaborately staged table read, complete with singing and dancing to live music, set pieces and more.
- A Beauty of a Tale – Explore the process of transforming a beloved animated film into a new live-action classic.
- The Women Behind Beauty and the Beast – Emma Watson introduces several of the talented women in all aspects of production who helped bring this enchanted tale to life.
- Making a Moment with Celine Dion – Celine Dion shares what it’s like to sing “How Does a Moment Last Forever” – and be a part of the legacy of Beauty and the Beast.
- From Song to Screen: Making the Musical Sequences – See what goes into making some of the best-known moments from Beauty and the Beast
- Deleted Scenes with Introduction by Director Bill Condon
- Extended Song: “Days in the Sun” – Learn more about Beast’s childhood in an alternate version of this beautiful song, introduced by director Bill Condon.
- “Beauty and the Beast” Music Video – Award-winning artists Ariana Grande and John Legend perform a moving version of this iconic song.
- Making the Music Video – Go on set to capture the magic as it happens in Ariana Grande and John Legend’s “Beauty and the Beast” music video.
- “Beauty and the Beast” Disney Song Selection – Jump directly to all your favorite songs and sing along with the movie.