Crime and corruption take center stage in this 70s drama
Rating & Content Info
Why is American Hustle rated R? American Hustle is rated R by the MPAA for pervasive language, some sexual content and brief violence.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief explicit violence.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Depictions of gun and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and little detail.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Sexual references, language and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Two scenes of nudity (depicting breasts and/or buttocks) in sexual contexts.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with no nudity and little detail.
- Brief portrayal of breast nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and cursing.
- Infrequent use of sexual slurs, vulgar language, and sexual references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent tobacco use.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Scene of drug use involving marijuana.
Page last updated March 18, 2014
|British Columbia||14A||Frequent Coarse Language.|
|Manitoba||14A||Not Recommended For Children, Coarse Language.|
|Ontario||14A||Coarse Language, Sexual Content.|
|Quebec||G||Not Recommended For Young Children.|
|Canadian Home Video||14A|
We do not have a full review for American Hustle because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have some information about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the Content Details section.
News About "American Hustle"
Cast and Crew
American Hustle is directed by David O. Russell and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, Christian Bale, Amy Adams.
This movie is loosely based on the Abscam Scandal, an FBI sting operation that eventually lead to the conviction of a United States Senator and several congressmen. The FBI also came under examination because of the entrapment tactics they used to acquire the incriminating evidence.
The most recent home video release of American Hustle movie is March 18, 2014. Here are some details…
American Hustle releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet Digital Copy) on March 18, 2014.
Related home video titles:
An employee helps to gather incriminating evidence against his employer in The Informant! (also based on a true story). A con artist finds there is no honor among thieves in Matchstick Men. And the ethical behavior of government officials is questioned in Mr. Smith Goes To Washington.