Alice Through the Looking Glass
Another trip to Wonderland.
Read Our Full Review & Parent Discussion Questions Here
Alice Through the Looking Glass
Rating & Content Info
Why is Alice Through the Looking Glass rated PG? Alice Through the Looking Glass is rated PG by the MPAA for fantasy action/peril and some language.
Violence: Many scenes depict characters in various states of peril as they are about to fall, be crushed or otherwise injured. Characters argue and squabble, as well as ignore warnings and lie and steal. Property destruction and presumed loss of life follow a raid by a fire-breathing creature. Ships exchange cannonball fire causing damage and some people are swept off the decks. A Humpty Dumpty character falls and breaks into pieces—one piece contains his eye which is still open and alive. Characters mourn the death of family members. A young child falls and hits her head against a concrete curb. A character is placed in an insane asylum and threated with a syringe full of an unknown medicine. Characters chase one another and hold people against their will. Characters are transformed and frozen.
Sexual Content: A woman flirts and sulks to try and manipulate a man into give her what she wants.
Language: The script contains a few mild profanities, some name calling and slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use: An injection of an unknown substance is depicted within a medical context. Food substances are eaten that contain magical powers.
Page last updated August 23, 2016
|Ontario||PG||Some Scary Scenes|
|Canadian Home Video||PG|
News About "Alice Through the Looking Glass"
Cast and Crew
Alice Through the Looking Glass is directed by James Bobin and stars Johnny Depp, Mia Wasikowska, Anne Hathaway.
The most recent home video release of Alice Through the Looking Glass movie is October 18, 2016. Here are some details…
Home Video Notes: Alice Through the Glass
Release Date: 18 October 2016
Alice Through the Glass releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) with the following special features:
- A Stitch in Time: Costuming Wonderland – Three-time Oscar®-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood (“Alice in Wonderland,” “Memoirs of a Geisha”) explains how costuming helps shape the curious characters of Underland and reveals hidden Easter Eggs within the cast’s ornate outfits.
- Music Video: “Just Like Fire” by P!nk – “Watch this madness, colorful charade” in P!nk’s music video for “Just Like Fire,” the hit song featured in “Alice Through the Looking Glass” that powered to the top 10 on Billboard’s Hot 100.
- Behind the Music Video – Go on set with P!nk for production of her “Just Like Fire” music video, featuring fantastical imagery, aerial stunts, Underland character cameos, and guest appearances by P!nk’s family.
- Behind The Looking Glass – Jump back and forth through time during this in-depth look into the making of “Alice Through the Looking Glass,” hosted by director James Bobin.
Time On… – Delight in this discussion with the unpredictable and witty Sacha Baron Cohen who plays Time, the keeper of the Chronosphere, a metallic sphere that powers all time.
Alice Goes Through the Looking Glass: A Scene Peeler – View a side-by-side comparison of raw production footage and final scenes, as Alice enters Underland through a magical looking glass.
- Alice Goes Through Time’s Castle: A Scene Peeler – View raw production footage alongside final scenes, as Alice enters Time’s castle of eternity.
- Characters of Underland – Get to know the quirky and colorful supporting characters in Underland, such as the tubby twins known as the Tweedles (Matt Lucas) and Absolem (Alan Rickman), the blue caterpillar turned blue Monarch butterfly.
Filmmaker Audio Commentary by James Bobin – Director James Bobin delivers scene-by-scene insight into the creation of “Alice Through the Looking Glass.”
- Deleted Scenes with Director Commentary – Bobin introduces five never-before-seen scenes that didn’t make the final cut of Disney’s spectacular adventure.