Fifty Shades Freed Parent Guide
The bonds of matrimony.
Fifty Shades Freed
Rating & Content Info
Why is Fifty Shades Freed rated R? Fifty Shades Freed is rated R by the MPAA for strong sexual content, nudity, and language.Violence:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Two scenes depicting physical assault and injury.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence, with little blood and detail.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Nudity (breast and buttock) in a non-sexual context
- Nudity (nudity, depicting breasts, buttocks and pubic region) in sexual situation
- Frequent detailed portrayals of sexual activity (some in a BDSM context), with breast and buttock nudity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 30 instances of coarse and sexual language, including:
-Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol use.
Page last updated February 8, 2018
More parents' guide for Fifty Shades Freed after the break...
News About "Fifty Shades Freed"
This movie is based on an erotic novel by E.L. James. Parents should be aware that this story (both the book and movie) depicts a consensual sexual relationship that flirts with violence, and including bondage sex. These topics may be inappropriate for teens. See Medical Experts: Fifty Shades of Grey "Hazardous to Young Women"
From the Studio:
Believing they have left behind shadowy figures from their past, newlyweds Christian and Ana fully embrace an inextricable connection and shared life of luxury. But just as she steps into her role as Mrs. Grey and he relaxes into an unfamiliar stability, new threats could jeopardize their happy ending before it even begins.
Cast and Crew
Fifty Shades Freed is directed by James Foley and stars Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan, Tyler Hoechlin.
Related home video titles:
This movie is the third in a franchise. The first two are Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker. Author E.L. James claims the inspiration for her novels (upon which the movies are based) came from reading the Twilight Saga, which has also been made into the films: Twilight, Twilight Saga: Eclipse, Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 and Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2.