Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
There is a price to be paid for keeping one's mouth shut, and Dom Hemmingway (Jude Law) intends to collect. Having spent twelve silent years in prison, the safe cracker expects some cash from his former boss (Demian Bichir).
Why Is Dom Hemingway Rated R?
Dom Hemingway is rated R for sexual content, nudity, pervasive language, some violence and drug use.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Dom Hemingway...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and detail.
- Depictions of beating.
- Occasional gory/grotesque images.
- Four scenes of nudity (depicting breasts, buttocks and genitalia), in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Two sexually suggestive scenes.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol abuse.
- Frequent tobacco use.
- Portrayals of illegal drug use (involving cocaine) in a recreational context.
Extra info about this movie
From the Studio:
“Jude Law plays DOM HEMINGWAY, a larger-than-life safecracker with a loose fuse who is funny, profane, and dangerous. After twelve years in prison, he sets off with his partner in crime Dickie (Richard E. Grant) looking to collect what he’s owed for keeping his mouth shut and protecting his boss Mr. Fontaine (Demian Bichir). After a near death experience, Dom tries to re-connect with his estranged daughter (Emilia Clarke), but is soon drawn back into the only world he knows, looking to settle the ultimate debt.”
- Fox Searchlight Pictures
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Dom Hemingway.
Jude Law plays the good guy in the franchise Sherlock Holmes and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. An ex-con has trouble breaking his old habits when he moves back into his old neighborhood On The Waterfront.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Dom Hemingway...
Dom Hemingway releases to home video on July 22, 2014.