Get Our Full Review
What would you do if you knew the wife (Winona Ryder) of your best friend (Kevin James) was having an affair? In this comedy, to tell or not to tell is the dilemma facing Ronny Valentine (Vince Vaughn).
Why Is The Dilemma Rated PG-13?
The Dilemma is rated PG-13 for mature thematic elements involving sexual content
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Dilemma...
Violence: Characters engage in fistfights on several occasions, often resulting in bloody noses or facial injuries. A man attacks another man and his car with a baseball bat.
Sexual Content: An unmarried couple undresses during a sexual encounter. Female buttock nudity is shown. Couples kiss on several occasions.
Language: An extreme sexual expletive, crude hand gestures, scatological slang, profanities and terms of Deity are used in this script as well as crude sexual terms and sexual dialogue.
Alcohol / Drug Use: A man admits to being high on Oxycontin. Characters drink at home and in social settings on numerous occasions.
Other: Characters withhold the truth and lie to others. A man deals with a gambling addiction. Characters are unfaithful in their relationships.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Dilemma.
In the classic musical Camelot, a woman falls in love with her husband’s best and most trusted friend. In Dan in Real Life a man struggles with his feelings when he learns that the woman he has just met and taken an interest in is his brother’s girlfriend. And a woman becomes suspicious of the nature of her spouse’s business trips in The Incredibles.
Ronny frequently repeats Coach Herb Brooks’ famous quote from the hockey movie Miracle; “Great moments… are born from great opportunity.”
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: PG
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of The Dilemma...
The Dilemma releases to DVD and Blu-ray with the following bonus materials:
- This Is The Dilemma (Brian Grazer and Ron Howard share the story of how The Dilemma was conceived in a restaurant in Rome. Go behind the scenes with cast and crew members as they give an inside look at the making of the film both on and off set.)
- Seven deleted scenes
- Alternate ending
- Gag reel
The Dilemma on Blu-ray also includes these extras:
- Tour Chicago: Take an inside look at some of the fantastic places in Chicago that were featured in the film. Hosted by Vince Vaughn, visit the United Center, The Green Mill, Botanical Gardens and the famous architectural boat tour.
- On Ice: Join Vince Vaughn, Kevin James and Ron Howard on the ice at Chicago’s United Center the year the Blackhawk’s won the Stanley Cup and watch Ron Howard get an ice hockey lesson from Blackhawk’s star Dave Bolland.
- Seven more deleted scenes
- pocket BLU
- My Movies: Consumers can instantly stream a free bonus movie of their choice or choose to rent a variety of Universal favorites including Meet the Parents, Fast and Furious, Mamma Mia! and Coraline.
- My scenes