Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
A series of unsettling crimes forces police officer Ralph Sarchie (Eric Bana) to consult with a priest who claims to be an exorcism expert (Edgar Ramirez) in order to stop the violence.
Why Is Deliver Us From Evil Rated R?
Deliver Us From Evil is rated R for bloody violence, grisly images, terror throughout, and language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Deliver Us From Evil...
This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent hand-to-hand and weapons violence in a supernatural context, some involving children or animals.
- Frequent explicit violence, with acts shown in realistic detail, including blood and tissue damage.
- Portrayals of beating, shooting, stabbing and mutilation.
- Depictions of supernatural beings, gruesome corpses and detailed wounds.
- Frequent nightmarish audio and visual imagery.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Mild sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of profanity and cursing.
- Infrequent use of slurs.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol abuse.
Extra info about this movie
From the Studio:
In DELIVER US FROM EVIL, New York police officer Ralph Sarchie (Eric Bana), struggling with his own personal issues, begins investigating a series of disturbing and inexplicable crimes. He joins forces with an unconventional priest (Edgar Ramirez), schooled in the rituals of exorcism, to combat the frightening and demonic possessions that are terrorizing their city. Based upon the book, which details Sarchie’s bone-chilling real-life cases. Written by Sony Pictures Entertainment
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Deliver Us From Evil.
Writers Paul Harris Boardman and Scott Derrickson also worked together on the Exorcism of Emily Rose. Eric Bana plays a tortured hero in The Hulk. And Edgar Ramirez can be seen in smaller roles in The Bourne Ultimatum, Wrath of the Titans, and Vantage Point.
News & Views About Deliver Us From Evil:
Home Video Releases for October 28Three R-rated movies release to home video this week. In the film Wish I Was Here, Zach Braff plays an aspiring actor waiting for his breakthrough role. Meanwhile, with his wife eking out what she can as a cubicle worker at a utility company, Braff’s character decides to home ...
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Deliver Us From Evil...
Deliver Us FromEvil releases to home video on October 28, 2014.