Deadpool 2 Parent Guide
Wading into superhero slop.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Deadpool 2 rated R? Deadpool 2 is rated R by the MPAA for strong violence and language throughout, sexual references and brief drug material
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood, dismemberment, and gory detail.
- Frequent detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Scene of explicit violence depicting physical assault and injury.
- Upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Buttock nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Crude content.
- Sexual innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references, slurs and language.
Approximately 170 instances of coarse and sexual language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of vulgar expressions, cursing, and profanity.
- Slurs and sexual references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Scene of drug use involving cocaine.
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use.
Page last updated May 17, 2018
More parents' guide for Deadpool 2 after the break...
News About "Deadpool 2"
From the Studio
After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry's hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor - finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World's Best Lover.
Written by Twentieth Century Fox
Cast and Crew
Deadpool 2 is directed by David Leitch and stars Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L. Jackson, Salma Hayek.